Junior Lecturers in English Syllabus
1. General Science:-Contemporary Developments in Science and Technology and their implications include matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well education person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international study.
3. History of India- emphasis will be broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on A P Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian Polity and Economy – including the country political system - rural development – planning and economic reform of India.
6. Mental Ability – reasoning and references
JL English Syllabus
The period of English Literature from 1798 to1900 (19th century) with special reference to the works of
Arnold George Eliot, Cayle and Ruskin.
1) William Shakespeare: Macbeth, Hamlet, Julis Vrsdst(ceaser),Tempest
2) John Milton: Paradise Lost Book 1&2
3) Alexander Pope : The Rape of the lock
4) William Words worth : The Immortality Ode, The Tin Tern Abbey
5) John Keats : Ode to a Nightingale
6) P.B Shelley : Ode to the West wind
7) 6) Jane Austen : Pride and Prejudice
8) Charles Dickens : A tale of two cities
9) Thomas Hardy : The Mayor of Casterbridge
10) W.B.Yeats : Byzantium, The Second Coming
11) T.s Eliot : The waste land
12) D.H. Lawrence : The sons and lovers
13) Mulk Raj Anand : The Big heart
14) R.K Narayan : The Man eater of Malgudi